Monday, 6 March 2017
Air con is a home appliance that uses refrigeration mechanism to extract heat from an area. Most homes around the world are fitted with this appliance to control the heat. Homes in areas below sea level use air con to cool the house down due to extremely high temperatures. Air cons require regular servicing for it to remain offering the service without failing. While most people can go for years without doing air condition servicing, those who understand its benefits and the reasons for servicing it cannot postpone a scheduled service. Singapore, for instance, is one country that has lots of air cons fitted in homes.
Reasons for doing air con service
There are a number of reasons every person who has an air con needs to service it. Here are just a few of them.
· ·Enjoy cleaner air- clean air is important to your health. Ensuring that you are breathing clean air especially in your house should be paramount. Most people prefer to switch their air conditioners on at night. Doing regular air con service will ensure that fresh air free of germs and other disease-causing bacteria is flowing through the house. In the end, you will realize that your doctor appointments will reduce and in the process save you tons of money.
· Improve air con efficiency- dust and other debris that may have deposited on the air con can substantially reduce its efficiency. Since it runs on a motor, if dust is deposited it can reduce the speed at which it rotates. That would mean that even the energy consumption will go up. Servicing it will also ensure that you save on utility bills such as electricity bills.
· Prolong its durability- we all hate to buy the same thing all the time. Air con is a machine, and every machine needs to be serviced. Be it a motor vehicle or an iron box. The air conditioner is no different. Regular servicing will not only ensure that any faults are detected early it will also ensure that you do not go back to the store to purchase another unit before the shelf life of the one you have expires.
· Regular diagnosis- the air con servicing technician will always diagnose your unit to check if there are any problems with it. Detecting a problem early is helpful since it can be repaired before the whole unit breaks down. In turn that will save you money from repairing a broken one or even replacing it. These early problems could be it has a leakage which you would not have noticed if you have not scheduled a service in the first place.
Choose the right person or company
At the heart of air con service is getting the right person to do the job. So when you are looking for someone to service your unit, take time to research the best person for the job. Someone who understands what they are doing is who you should be looking for. There are many companies and freelance technicians in Singapore who claim to do air con servicing. It is recommendable that you get one who is trusted and stick with them. It is always good to take preventive measures so you might want to find out if they are licensed before you hire them.
What are the major air con problems?
There are several common problems that you might encounter with your air con. These could be the first telltale signs that your air con needs servicing or perhaps a service is overdue. Here are some of the common ones.
· Failing to turn on- this problem can be as a result of a faulty wire or a burnt fuse or perhaps a problem with the thermostat. If you encounter such a problem, disconnect the power from the main switch and contact a licensed repair firm or your trusted repair technician.
· Vibration of the fans- the fans are supposed to remove the heat from inside or a room and release that heat to the atmosphere. If the fans are vibrating and you can tell they are not performing as they should then perhaps there is a problem with the motor or the capacitor. If you encounter such problems, make sure you contact a licensed servicing firm. The technician might advise you consider replacing faulty part.
· Leakages- leaks, when an attended, can render the unit useless. Leaks can attract molds which can form around the fans. At the earliest citing of a drip immediately contact your servicing company for assistance.
How do you know if your air conditioner needs servicing?
There are several signs you should be looking out for to know if your air con requires a service. These signs include;
· Unusual noises- when you have stayed with an air con for long you get accustomed to its usual sound which is very minimal noise. Due to continued usage of the unit, some parts begin to wear out and hence start to make some unusual noises. If you encounter such noises that are to mean your unit needs to be serviced.
· Continuous running- the air con is designed in such a way that it runs for some time then pauses for the room temperature to adjust again then it automatically turns itself on. If it runs continuously, it can only mean either the cooling capacity has greatly reduced or the temperature sensors are faulty. Either way, you need to contact your technician or your servicing company to do that.
· Frequently turning on and off- there are intervals when the air con should turn on and off. If this interval reduced, it means that either the temperature sensors are broken, or there is a problem with the fuses. Either way, you need to contact the servicing company or technician and schedule a service.
Air cons are sensitive gadgets and require regular servicing. Getting the right person to service them is a good place to start to ensure the lifespan of your unit is increased. Waiting for long before servicing your air con can lead to it breaking down and hence cost you more money. There are a number of good and licensed companies in Singapore you just need to find the right one and at the correct price. The benefits of regularly servicing the unit are numerous and at the top of them is a healthy life and prolonged lifespan. So don’t wait until your unit breaks down, look for the telltale signs and schedule a service.